Friday, March 28, 2014

More Cake, Please! : )



Chocolate Crazy Cake in a Mug
from Sweet Little Bluebird
There was a tasty moment at lunchtime today!

Sweet Little Bluebird is a great website that I check out from time to time.

Earlier this month in a quest to find eggless and milk-free desserts, I came across all of Mary's different versions of Crazy Cake or Wacky Cake. 

I'm familiar with this recipe. In fact, I shared the same chocolate cake recipe in the summer of 2010. My copy came from a book I acquired in the mid-seventies.

Mary has taken that recipe and tweaked it to come up with multiple variations and flavours. (Click here to find links to all the recipes.) We've tried the Spice Cake and Vanilla versions and today, I made Chocolate Crazy Cake in a Mug.

My first try (to see if it worked) was in one mug. It overflowed and allowed no room for ice cream. It also seemed like a huge serving, so today I split the batter into two mugs and that was (for us) just the right size for a little sweet treat without too much guilt.

Take care and have a great weekend!
Maggie

PS In addition to the flavours listed above there's also Lemon Cake, Coffee & Kahlua Cake, S'mores Mug Cake and Coffee & Kahlua Mug Cake.





No comments:

Post a Comment