Friday, May 2, 2014

Ham and Cheese Pinwheel Biscuits





Teddy Bear Toast
May I pass along a bit of grandmother wisdom?

Change the shape of anything you whip up in the kitchen and...

“instant glam”.

Example?

Peanut butter on a slice of bread?

Or, Teddy Bear Toast?


Just ask my granddaughter!

For lunch today, I made some Ham and Cheese Pinwheel biscuits to go with a big “freshly returned from the Farmer's Market” salad.

This is not my idea. I was working under the influence of my good friend, Christine of Strawberry Spinach Salad fame. She sometimes takes her basic scone recipe and makes Ham and Cheese Pinwheels.

A little quicker and easier version uses the biscuit recipe I shared last week. With no butter to cut in, these biscuits can be whipped up in no time at all. Gently roll out the dough (about 12” square) and sprinkle with about 1/2 – 3/4 cup of grated cheese. I used cheddar and parmesan. Shred 2-3 slices of Black Forest Ham on top. Roll up tightly and slice into pinwheels. I used parchment paper on my baking tray and baked these little guys a little longer – about 20 minutes instead of 15.


Happy Friday!
Maggie

1 comment:

  1. I will save this recipe for my next ham! We have finally eaten all of the Easter leftovers!

    ReplyDelete