Sunday, December 30, 2012

Top Three Recipes for 2012


These past few months I've enjoyed living in the Land of Blog.  It's been a creative challenge to come up with ideas to write about and items to share.  It's also been interesting to observe how recipes consistently rank the highest in my "page views".  I guess many people are like me and (more and more) resort to the Internet when cooking.




Here are my Top Three Recipes for 2012...

In first place, Poppy Seed Bundt Cake!  This is an "oldie", originally from Family Circle, 1979.  A "one bowl, from scratch" cake, it's easy to whip up. First posted on November 9th, this cake has been  viewed daily, especially once it was featured on a Weekend Potluck at The Country Cook.  This week, I found it on www.justapinch.com - a new site to me, full of interesting recipes I plan to go back and explore.  



Coming in second, my husband's favourite, Chocolate Peanut Butter Squares - a super easy, five ingredient, no-bake square.  I made these just recently for Christmas...there are none left...sigh!




Third place?  A personal favourite, Oatmeal Muffins.  This is a recipe I changed, tested, adapted and tweaked.  Not "high drama" like cake or squares, but easy, reliable and tasty.




Cheers!

Maggie






No comments:

Post a Comment