Friday, January 24, 2014

An ordinary day... after an extraordinary two months...


Why, hello!  

It has been an amazing time!  A roller coaster ride of emotions.

A hectic December, preparing for Christmas and company... 

... waiting for a special little grandson who chose to enter this world a New Year's Baby!

... and saying good-bye to that little baby's great-grandmother a week later.

Today?

It's an ordinary kind of day...

... a make a batch of muffins day...

... and that's nice, too!

These Banana Oatmeal Muffins from Yummy Mummy Club are amazing for two reasons.  First, you can make them entirely in a blender.  That's right.  Throw everything in the blender and press the button!  Had to try it; glad I did.  Sadly, my Magic Bullet was not strong enough for the job, but dumping everything into my mixer and beating thoroughly seemed to work just as well.  Second, there's no flour.  Hmmm.... I was intrigued.  

The verdict?  Tasty.  I'd definitely make them again.  

Note: I made only a half batch - used 1/4 cup yogurt as the equivalent for 1/2 an individual yogurt container.

2 comments:

  1. It is nice to see you again. It sure does sound like you have had quite the ride. I am so sorry for your loss but happy and thrilled for your gain! Hope the rest of the year is a little less eventful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Kc! Best wishes for 2014!!

    ReplyDelete