Monday, June 30, 2014

June? Where did you go?????


So, tell me. Where exactly did June disappear?

Blink!!

A lot has happened... trips out of town, some minor day surgery, threat (again!!) of evacuation because of rising flood water... but LIFE IS GOOD!

Have a piece of pie. I'm working on my pie crust skills and turned to Julie for help. Crusts are improving!! I've tried butter, but shortening seems to work better. What do you use? Any other secrets for achieving the perfect crust?

For this pie I used 3 cups rhubarb and 2 cups strawberries and increased the cornstarch to 1/4 cup. It's still runnier than I'd like. I keep seeing references to tapioca. Does that do a better job of thickening the juices?

Ttyl,
Maggie

PS  Oh, my!!! In honour of Canada Day tomorrow, Julie's baking Maple Bacon Butter Tarts... Life can't get any better!  : )

1 comment:

  1. Your pie crust looks much better than mine ever do! I've given up and just by the refrigerated one that is already rolled out! It is the one thing I just can't bake!

    ReplyDelete