Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Jean Greenhowe's Rainbow Baby

Maggie's Rainbow Baby
designed by Jean Greenhowe

Look who moved in.  

A Rainbow Baby!

This little fellow was designed by Jean Greenhowe.  

Scroll to the bottom of the "Free Patterns" page of her website to find the Rainbow Babies.

He was amazingly quick to make - part of an afternoon, a movie that evening and some finishing off the next morning.

The only part I didn't like was sewing up the seams.  In fact, by the time I got to the hat, I used double-pointed needles and knit in the round.


Needles: US 3 (3.25 mm)

Yarn: Lion Brand Vanna's Choice


Jean Greenhowe is from Aberdeen, Scotland.  She has produced all kinds of original toy designs.  This bagpiper was given to us a few years ago as a thank you gift.  He's part of the MacScarecrow Clan!  Last year I picked up a secondhand copy of the pattern book - way too difficult for me to knit bagpipes!!



I do think the little dog, Scamp, is sweet.  Maybe one day... : )



No comments:

Post a Comment